1. Life isn’t a linear progression, it’s more like undulating periodization.
2. The human shoulder isn’t made for heavy bench pressing, at least not for most of us.
3. Nothing is special if you don’t make it special.
4. Hydration is more important than we think.
5. Don’t judge yourself or others by physique or strength, good or bad.
6. The respect of your athletes is most important. Earn it.
7. Be quick to forgive, yourself and others.
8. When writing a strength training plan for an athlete, keep a bullet in the chamber relative to absolute intensity, better slightly undertrained than injured.
9. A simple smile and acknowledgement of a person can make a big difference, for them and you.
10. Seek and connect to a Higher Power and I’m not talking about a person or organization.